Viable Rope Fiber Hemp Seeds, Cannabis sativa, Certified French 'Futura 83', 4 sizes
The bipartisan 2018 Farm Bill legalized (under Federal Law) the possession and growing of industrial hemp in the USA, provided that the total THC content of any plant part is not more than 0.3%. (One unintended result is that the Bill also legalized all Cannabis seeds that contain less than 0.3% THC, which includes just about every Cannabis seed in the world!) Finally in 2021, Idaho became the 50th state to legalize industrial hemp production.
However, some states--like Kentucky--require their hemp seeds to be Certified as free of THC and good for fiber/seed hemp only. Others require a permit to grow, like Idaho and Oregon. Some cities have local laws that ban it altogether. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to follow all local laws and state guidelines.
French grown viable certified rope/fiber hemp seed. These can be cultivated by famers as an industrial hemp fiber crop. These seeds were grown in France and are called Futura 83. Seeding rates for industrial hemp grown for fiber are 50-75 pounds per acre. Produces 10-15 feet tall males and females. Not at all useful for the production of THC. This is true, heirloom industrial hemp. Typically, all the plants are allowed to mature, producing copious seeds and tall, stringy plants that are both male and female. Each ounce contains over 1,500 seeds.
NOTE: Do NOT grow industrial hemp within 1/2 mile of Cannabis grown for other uses (i.e., medical, recreational, seed production), as the wind-borne pollen will pollinate and ruin your crop of Sinsemilla. Recommended harvest at 105 days.
- No frost. Full sun. Seeds can be sprouted in wet paper towels and then transplanted into 4-inch pots. Or just direct sow in Spring. Protect seedlings and seeds from birds. Birds love Cannabis seeds. Rodents may chew on stems.
In the early American colonies, farmers were required--by law--to grow hemp in their fields. In WWII, hemp was used by the military to help win the war and save America from our enemies.
Recommended harvest at 105 days.
- THC is 0.3% or less in mature plants, with some CBD. CBD: 0.5 - 2.7%.
- There are about 27,800 seeds per pound.
- Great for woven and non-woven hemp fiber application, such as ropes, twines, fabrics, webbing, yarn, etc.
- Great for making hemp products such as animal bedding and hempcrete, and for composite commercial applications such as paper and plastic.
- Seeding rates for industrial hemp grown for fiber are 20-30 pounds per acre.
- Seed Germination Rate: 70%
- Purity of Seed: 99.97%
You can become a hemp subversive and spread the love! Remember Johnny Appleseed? You can become Johnny Pot-seed. Plant a few seeds all over your community, especially at police stations, fire stations, the local courthouse, freeway intersections, high-end restaurants, botanical gardens, empty fields, community gardens, and other points of noticeable interest. Go green hempsters, and grow some delicious, nutritious seeds for your pet hamsters!