Think Indigenous: Native American Spirituality for a Modern World by Doug Good Feather
ISBN: 9781401956165 / 1401956165
Publisher: Hay House Inc. 2021
Edition: Softcover, 176 Pages. Brand NEW book.
Subject: Native American (Lakota) Spirituality for a Modern World.
A guide to integrating indigenous thinking into modern life for a more interconnected and spiritual relationship with our fellow beings, Mother Earth, and the natural ways of the universe. There is a natural law--a spiritual intelligence that we are all born with that lies within our hearts. Lakota spiritual leader Doug Good Feather shares the authentic knowledge that has been handed down through the Lakota generations to help you make and recognize this divine connection, centered around the Seven Sacred Directions in the Hoop of Life:
- Wiyóhinyanpata --East: New Beginnings,
- Itókagata --South: The Breath of Life,
- Wiyóhpeyata --West: The Healing Powers,
- Wazíyata --North: Earth Medicine,
- Wankátakáb --Above: The Great Mystery,
- Khúta --Below: The Source of Life,
- Hóchoka --Center: The Center of Life
Once you begin to understand and recognize these strands, you can integrate them into modern life through the The Ways of the Threefold Path:
- The Way of the Seven Generations --Conscious living.
- The Way of the Buffalo --Mindful consumption.
- The Way of the Community --Collective impact.