10 g, Butterfly Lovers Wildflower Mix, 18 species
Our Butterfly and Beneficial Insect Wildflower Mix contains 18 wildflower varieties that are proven to attract butterflies and other beneficial insects to your home. Includes nine annual wildflower varieties that will bloom and reseed the first year, and nine perennial varieties that will continue to bloom year after year.
Great for also attracting lacewings, ladybugs, hover flies and parasitic wasps to reduce populations of harmful insects like aphids, thrips and mites.
Our Beneficial Insect Wildflower Mix is a great way to naturally and organically control harmful insect pests around your homestead and specifically the vegetable garden. This specialized blend includes an even mix of annual and perennial flowers that produce beautiful blooms.
Butterfly Wildflower Mix Benefits:
- Great for native bees and honeybees
- Provides excellent habitat and food for butterflies
- Relatively low maintenance once established
- Blooms may be harvested for cut flowers
- Continuous blooms throughout the warm growing season
- Easily reseeds and regrows year after year
When to Plant
Wildflower seed mixes should be planted in spring after the risk of frost has passed. Seeds will germinate best once soil temps are above 60 degrees. In cooler climates, wildflower mixes may be planted late spring into early summer.
How to Plant
Plant wildflowers in an area that receives at least six hours of full sun per day. Well-drained soils will perform best and wildflowers should not be planted in areas that tend to hold water after periods of heavy rainfall. Wildflowers should be planted in a tilled or cultivated area to reduce competition with weeds when plants are small.
Wildflower seeds should be scattered evenly along the planting area, but do not need to be covered with soil for adequate germination. We do recommend rolling or packing the area after seeding to improve seed to soil contact for germination. Once planted, the area should be watered frequently to maintain soil moisture until plants are 4-6 in. tall.
Butterfly Wildflower Mix Includes:
- 16.36% Annual Candytuft (Iberis umbellata) – annual
- 12.25% Siberian Wallflower (Cheiranthus allionii) – perennial
- 12.25% Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum) – annual
- 12.25% Orange California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) – annual
- 8.17% Dwarf Mixed Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus) – annual
- 7.25% Baby Blue-Eyes (Nemophila menziesii) – annual
- 4.08% Alaska Shasta Daisy (Chrysanthemum maximum) – perennial
- 4.08% Gayfeather (Liatris spicata) – perennial
- 2.04% Dill (Anethum graveolens) – annual
- 2.04% Bishop’s Flower (Ammi majus) – annual
- 2.04% Creeping Daisy (Chyrsanthemum paludosum) – perennial
- 2.04% Globe Gilia (Gilia capitata) – annual
- 2.04% Purple Prairie Clover (Dalea purpurea) – perennial
- 1.35% Black-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta) – perennial
- 1.02% Basket of Gold (Alyssum saxatile) – perennial
- 1.02% Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) – perennial
- 1.02% Tall White Sweet Alyssum (Lobularia maritima) – annual
- 0.53% Bergamot (Mondarda fistulosa) – perennial