- Medicinal Plants
- ~30 Cancer Tree seeds, Camptotheca acuminata, Xi Shu, natural camptothecin, TCM, 1 gram
~30 Cancer Tree seeds, Camptotheca acuminata, Xi Shu, natural camptothecin, TCM, 1 gram
AKA Happy Tree, Tree of Life. A Traditional Chinese Medicinal tree with proven anti-cancer properties, and it also blocks the replication of the HIV virus that causes AIDS! The bark, stem and leaves all contain camptothecin, an alkaloid shown to be effective against leukemia, colon cancer and other tumors. Drugs derived from the tree are already ringing up sales in excess of $1 Billion annually, and growing. In traditional Chinese medicine it is used for the treatment of colds, psoriasis, and cancers of the liver, gallbladder and stomach.
Due to over-harvesting in China, it has become endangered in the wild, but it is now in cultivation in both India and Japan. It was introduced to America in the 1930s and is now growing in Florida and Georgia. The tree reaches up to 65 ft. in height and likes warm weather. Hardy to at least Zone 9. Seeds imported from China. Should be 25 to 35 large seeds per gram.
- Soak seeds in water for 24 hours.
- Then place seeds in wet sand in the fridge for 30 days.
- Remove and put into well drained potting soil at room temp.
- Seeds should sprout within 2-4 weeks.