~800 Viable Rope Hemp Seeds, Cannabis sativa, Chinese Han Ma, 1/2 OZ
Viable Rope Hemp Seed SALES are currently LIMITED to the Following States ONLY:
- Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington; and the District of Columbia.
The bipartisan 2018 Farm Bill legalized (under Federal Law) the possession and growing of industrial hemp in the USA, provided that the total THC content of any plant part is not more than 0.3%. (One unintended result is that the Bill also legalized all Cannabis seeds that contain less than 0.3% THC, which includes just about every Cannabis seed in the world.)
However, some state and local laws still prohibit even simple possession of hemp rope seeds, and other states--like Texas and Kentucky--require their hemp seeds to be Certified as free of THC and good for rope hemp only. To keep everyone happy and clearly legal, at this time:
- I can only sell to addresses in US States with full legal recreational cannabis laws!
Note: If you believe your state allows rope hemp seed sales, write me first and explain with documentation. Unauthorized orders from other states will be cancelled without warning. I have no way to validate Medical Cannabis cards from the Medical-Legal states, so, again, no.
Our rope hemp seeds are notoriously low in all active cannabinoids, and cannot be smoked like most other Cannabis products (they explode when put to flame, so don't even try). These real rope hemp seeds are from a Chinese strain long grown for seed oil, hemp rope and pet food. Not at all useful for the production of either THC or CBD. This is true, heirloom industrial hemp. Typically, all the plants are allowed to mature, producing copious seeds and tall, stringy plants that are both male and female. Do NOT grow industrial hemp within 1/2 mile of Cannabis grown for other uses (i.e., medical, recreational, seed production), as the wind-borne pollen will pollinate and ruin your crop of Sinsemilla.
- No frost. Full sun. Seeds can be sprouted in wet paper towels and then transplanted into 4-inch pots. Or just direct sow in Spring. Protect from birds.
In the early American colonies, farmers were required--by law--to grow hemp in their fields. In WWII, hemp was used by the military to help win the war.
These seeds are the official industrial hemp seeds of China and are the strain known there as Han Ma (which means "China Hemp").
Other plant features:
- Low cannabinoid content in the mature plants.
- There are over 26,000 seeds per pound.
- Great for woven and non-woven hemp fiber application, such as ropes, twines, fabrics, webbing, yarn, etc.
- Great for making hemp products such as animal bedding and hempcrete, and for composite commercial applications such as paper and plastic.
- Seeding rates for industrial hemp grown for oil seed are 20-30 pounds per acre; Around 1,100 pounds of hemp seed per acre can be harvested in fall.
- Seed Germination Rate: 93%
- Purity of Seed: 99.9+%
Be a hemp subversive and spread the love! Remember Johnny Appleseed? You can become Johnny Pot-seed. Plant the seeds all over your community, especially at police stations, fire stations, the local courthouse, freeway intersections, high-end restaurants, botanical gardens, empty fields, community gardens,and other points of noticeable interest. Go green, hempsters, and grow some nutritious seeds for your pet hamsters!